BMW Has Remote 3D View on BMW Connected App
The technology that we continue to see on BMW vehicles always impresses. On the BMW 7 Series and select BMW 5 Series models, we now have the ability to take a look at our vehicle from the outside with a 360-degree view, right from our phone, even when we’re far away. It’s called Remote 3D View, and it uses the cameras that are used when you back up and for cross traffic to create an image in real time that you can see. It’s convenient, and gives you added peace of mind wherever you are that your vehicle is safe.
- Go to your iDrive settings and select ‘My Vehicle’ then ‘iDrive Settings’
- Scroll to ‘Data Privacy’ and select ‘Remote View 3D and check the box
- Launch the BMW Connected App and navigate to the Remote Services menu
- Tap the top left corner and scroll to the bottom to find ‘Remote 3D View’
- From here, you’ll be able to do a virtual walk around with your finger, and pinch to zoom in, or tapping the camera to take a screenshot that you can save in the app, or on your camera roll
If you want to learn more, feel free to stop in and see us at BMW of Stratham. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have and discuss BMW vehicles at your convenience.