Learn How Apple CarPlay Gives You the Connection in Your BMW
Technology is a must on any BMW vehicle, and being the innovator and leader in the luxury car segment that it is, you know that it is going to be covered. One convenient feature is Apple CarPlay, which allows drivers to seamlessly integrate their smartphones to the iDrive system, and give you a better, connected drive with familiar settings.
- To utilize Apple CarPlay on your BMW, you need to have the latest iOS version and an active data plan, as CarPlay uses the data plan of the iPhone that is connected. You cannot connect your iPhone to the vehicle’s WiFi hotspot and use CarPlay at the same time
- Make sure you have the Apple CarPlay app on your phone, and you will be able to pair it up with the iDrive system easily
- Once you’ve paired the device, you’ll notice that the interface and menu is similar to what you’d see on any other iOS device so it’s going to be easy for you to pick up on quickly
- With Apple CarPlay, you’re able to access calls, texts, navigation, and compatible apps, and do so by pressing the buttons or by using Siri by pressing the voice command button on the iDrive, or on your steering wheel
- Apple CarPlay on BMW models can also predict your travel plans and provide you with direction based on events in your phone’s calendar, contacts, and frequent destinations as well, for added convenience
You can learn more at BMW of Stratham as we’d be happy to discuss Apple CarPlay and all our BMW vehicles today.