Our Service Team is Here to Identify Vehicle Squealing Coming from Your BMW
There are a lot of things we all do to ensure our BMW runs smoothly at all times, and at the first sign of any trouble, we know to contact the service center here at BMW of Stratham. If your BMW starts making any kind of squealing noise, you can bring it to us and we’ll find the cause. There are lots of things we’ll look for, and it includes some of these:
- If it squeals while you turn the steering wheel, it could be low power-steering fluid. It’s what lubricates the steering, and the noise can persist if the steering remains off-center. Checking the fluid could be a solution.
- Squeals while turning could also be a suspension issue, like shocks, tie-rod ends, seals, ball joints, or universal joints that are in need of lubrication.
- There also could be something rubbing up against the interior trim of the vehicle, which a service center can check out for you.
- If you hear your vehicle squeal while accelerating, it could be related to your belt. In this case, you’d probably hear it while the vehicle is idle, too, or just turned on in colder weather. That means its worn or loose, and getting it fixed or replaced is always a good idea.
- Worn alternator bearings could also be a culprit, and in that case you will likely need them to be replaced, too.
- If you hear the squealing noises when you apply the brakes, that could mean many things. In wet weather, it might just be when applied to wet wheels, but if it is dry and they are squealing, it might be time for a brake pad change.
Feel free to make an appointment with us today, as our team would be happy to set up a time and provide service for your BMW and make sure it continues to impress you at every turn.